You Need More than Just Marietta Homeowners Insurance to Protect Your Investment
Summertime in Marietta brings with it the opportunity for fun, relaxation, vacations, and new memories. It’s also an ideal time to get a few maintenance tasks taken care of around the house. After all, you’re not paying for homeowner’s insurance just to be paying for it; you’re protecting your investment. Part of protection includes maintenance.
So, before you get too caught up in the tranquility of the season, take a little time to tackle these five tasks:
1. All Hands on Deck! If your Marietta home has a deck, then now’s the time to give it a check-up and tune-up. Perform a thorough visual inspection to check for any boards, rails, or support structures with weakening integrity. Taking care of problems as they arise can prolong the life of your deck for years. Consider pressure washing or hiring a professional deck cleaner to keep it looking new, and reseal the deck if needed.
2. Get into the Gutter. Leaves, water, and other debris can build up in your gutters, particularly if you don’t have gutter guards in place. Failing to remove these items can lead to a variety of problems for your home, including leaks and water damage. Clean out the gutters yourself, or if you have a problem with heights, hire a professional to do it for you.
3. Seal it Up! Check your Marietta home for any open areas where air, moisture, or undesirable wildlife may be able to enter your home. If you find leaks, seal them up. If there is moderate damage creating an open area, such as rotting wood, have it repaired. Holes and leaks can increase your energy bills and leave your home open to infestations.
4. Check your Filters. Most homeowners know to change the air filters on the inside of their homes, but did you know that many HVAC systems have another filter on the outside? This filter requires periodic changing so that your unit can continue operating efficiently. If you’re not sure how to change this filter, call your AC repair service. Consider having them inspect your system while they’re there.
5. Clean the Chimney. If your home has a fireplace and you use it, it’s vital that you clean the chimney annually. Creosote can accumulate and create a massive fire hazard. It’s much easier to perform this home maintenance task when the weather is nice. Moreover, you won’t have to worry about having to do it later when the weather cools down…and in Georgia, we never know when that might be!
Now that your home is in tip-top condition, there’s one last maintenance task you should do: call your Marietta homeowner’s insurance agent to reevaluate your insurance needs. Make sure that your home is adequately covered, or all of your maintenance and improvement efforts could be in vain.
Leave A Comment