Kiddie Kollege, a day care on Lower Roswell Road in Marietta, was recently cited for mold infestation.

According to an article by CBS46, Investigators targeted the facility after CBS46 exposed allegations of the mold last month, which was allegedly found on walls, wallpaper, desks and in the bathrooms.

“Exposure like this can bring up a life time of allergenic issues,” mold expert, Ken Duvall told CBS46 last month.

Some parents told the news station it seems like the daycare had no intentions of fixing the mold issue.

CBS46 reports when they first went looking for answers, none of the staff members would talk on camera about the issue and said the accusations were false and fabricated by disgruntled employees, according to the article.

One parent even stopped taking her child to Kiddie Kollege and had to quit her job to take care of him while she found another daycare, the article reads. She showed CBS46 lab results showing her child tested positive for mold exposure.

The child was getting sick more and more frequently, according to an earlier story published by CBS46 on March 4.

Sources inside Kiddie Kollege told CBS46 on March 4 that since the news station’s first story aired, the facility’s owner informed members of the staff improvements would start being made to the daycare’s infrastructure, the article reads.

Those changes included taking down walls and wall paper, a new paint job and carpeting at the facility.

Exposure to damp and moldy environments may cause a variety of health effects, or none at all, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Some people are more sensitive to molds than others.

For people with sensitivities, molds can cause nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing or wheezing, eye irritation, or, in some cases, skin irritation. People with mold allergies may have more severe reactions.

Immune-compromised people and people with chronic lung illnesses, such as obstructive lung disease, may get serious infections in their lungs when they are exposed to mold.

In 2004 the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheezing in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition. The IOM also found limited or suggestive evidence linking indoor mold exposure and respiratory illness in otherwise healthy children.