Video from Progressive: Homeowners Insurance in Smyrna, Georgia
Homeowners Insurance in Smyrna, Ga
Want to know how to get the best home insurance in Smyrna, Ga. for your money?
Here are eleven ways that anyone can use to save money on their homeowners insurance.
1. Increase Your Deductible: The money you pay for a loss before an insurance company begins to pay is known as a deductible. The more you increase your deductible, the lower your premium will be. The average deductible rate is about $500. Raising that to $1,000 can save you up to 25 percent.
2. Stick With the Same Insurer: Long-term insurance policy holders receive discounted rates when they reach a certain number of years with an insurance company. The average savings is 5 percent per every 5 years.
3. Review Your Policy Yearly: Computers, jewelry, and other valuables that you may include in your insurance policy lose value over time. Make sure you update your policy once a year to show these changes. If they’re not worth covering than remove them.
4. Disaster Proof Your Home: Protect your house from accidents, such as fire and storms. Adding on disaster resistant features to your home can save you big bucks on your premiums. Speak with your insurance agent to find out what you can do to make your home safer.
5. Secure Your Home: There’s discounts galore to be found inside your house. Smoke detectors, dead-bolt locks, burglar alarms, and sprinklers are just a few little security additions+ that you can use to save up to 20 percent on your premium.
6. Bundle Your Insurance: Some insurance agencies offer a discount of up to 15 percent off your premium when you purchase multiple policies with. If you already have home owners insurance consider adding on your vehicles too.
7. Watch Your Credit Rating: Credit ratings effect just about everything you buy these days, including home owner’s insurance rates. Make sure to pay those bills on time, and you could save big money on your home insurance.
8. Choose Private Insurance: If you are buying homeowners insurance through a government plan, you can lower your monthly costs just by switching to a private insurance plan.
9. House Versus Property: Insure at risk items only. If you are including your land in your insurance plan you are throwing money away. Land is not in danger of burglary or fire. Your house is.
10. Comparison Shop: Compare insurance rates offered by companies in your area before you purchase. The National Association of Insurance Commissioners and the Georgia State Insurance Department are great places to get started. They can provide you with policy information from insurance companies in your area. Double check with consumer guide websites online and your friends.
11. Consider Insurance When Buying a Home: The location of your home can have a big impact on your insurance costs. For example, areas susceptible to flooding will have higher insurance rates. While living near a fire station will lower them.
You can also check with insurance companies for additional savings on special situations.
Did you know many insurance providers offer senior citizen discounts?
Sure, finding the best home insurance in Smyrna, Ga. requires a little research on your part, but it is so worth it.